I ordered a cheap underskirt from ebay and regretted it - the main fabric was a horrendous crinkly polyester that could have been used as umbrella fabric! So I unpicked all the netting and took out the hoops. Next I took about 4 metres of lining fabric and pinned one edge around the footprint of the dress. I then took the fabric up and pinned seams all around.
I trimmed and pinned. The fabric is very smooth and silky so some of the pins kept falling out. If this wasn't underwear I think it would be worth tacking these seams together. Time consuming but it would be worth it.
After sewing I trimmed and ironed the seams flat. Then oversewed with a decorative stitch that encompassed the raw edges.
The skirt pinned to my dressmaker - It needs a yoke, hoops and netting! More to come.